SORRY-Resend (now in plaintext) "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

From: Jeffrey Isherwood <ish(at)not-real.dolphtech.com>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 14:04:32 GMT
I'm trying to build and install swish-e on a testbed webserver for later
deployment, and am not all that experienced with some of this stuff.  I =
have
downloaded the swish-e-2.2.3 and swish-e-2.4.0-pr1 but can get neither =
build.

The platform is a redhat 8.0 with apache running on it.  Below is what I =
get
when I type ./configure, and attached is the 'config.log' file, has =
anyone seen
the cpp fails sanity check error before?  and if so, how do I fix it?  =
I've
never seen a sanity check failure...

thanks!

[root@testbed swish-e-2.4.0-pr1]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...=20
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

to a plain text message.