Re: xml format errors

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 22:01:15 GMT
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 02:50:52PM -0700, Brad Miele wrote:
> I have started to notice a number of xml errors in my indexing script.
> they look like this:
>
> Warning: XML parse error in file '6940700016.xml' line 46.  Error: not
> well-formed
>
> I am wondering how to best debug these errors. Is it swish-e that is
> producing these or the XML libraries? Thanks for any help.
>
> I am currently using v2.2

No, it's libxml2 that is producing those messages.  You should try other
validation services first to see if they report the same thing.

Also check that you have a current version of libxml2.  I suppose it's
possible that a newer version doesn't have the errors.  I've had mixed
luck with the line number reported being actually the right line number.
Worth a look at line 46 I suppose.

Finally, you might try indexing that one file with some of the -T
options (-T help) and make sure things are getting parsed like you
think they should.

If you find something mildly interesting about the parsing post back
here.  Always good for the list archives to have a follow up solution.