More Trouble with Filters

From: Klingensmith, Rick <klingensmith(at)not-real.hr.msu.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 21:20:08 GMT
I'm continuing to have a problem with filters. I'm in a windows 2000/XP
environment and am using the spider to crawl my site which contains pdf
files. Pdfinfo and pdftotext are installed and working from the command
line.

For each pdf file indexed I receive the following error:

Returned 0

 - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser - Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing
anyway)

Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...

Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary

Error: Couldn't read xref table

 (no words indexed)

I modified swishspider at line 144 to print the contents to stderr and
receive the following output for the meta tags for the document. As you can
see below I believe the meta tags from the output from pdfinfo are not being
formed properly. I just can't figure out why.

- Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (23 words)

retrieving http://localhost/affidavit.pdf (1)...

spider 2376 [C:/Inetpub/Indexes/Temp/swishspider@3084
http://localhost/affidavit

.pdf]

<head>

">eta name="author" content="jamin

">eta name="creationdate" content="04/23/03 10:40:15

">eta name="creator" content="Affidavit final.doc - Microsoft Word

">eta name="encrypted" content="no

">eta name="file_size" content="31838 bytes

">eta name="moddate" content="04/23/03 10:47:36

">eta name="optimized" content="yes

">eta name="page_size" content="612 x 792 pts (letter)

">eta name="pages" content="1

">eta name="pdf_version" content="1.4

">eta name="producer" content="Acrobat PDFWriter 5.0 for Windows NT

">eta name="tagged" content="no

">eta name="title" content="Affidavit final.doc

</head>

<pre>

The contents of the document appear to be OK from what I can see.

Have I missed something obvious or do you need me to post the configuration
files as well.

Rick

Richard Klingensmith

MSU Human Resources Information Systems