Re: SWISH-E and mailman/pipermail

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 19:47:06 GMT
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:31:26AM -0700, Jordan Hayes wrote:
> I'd like to use SWISH-E for a mailman/pipermail mailing list archive.  I
> built 2.2.3 and dropped in a default config, and it seems to work okay,
> but I gotta believe there are some additional tips/tricks for using with
> mailman/pipermail.
>
> I'm just using:
>
> IndexDir archive
> IndexOnly .html
> IndexReport 0
> ReplaceRules regex !^archive/!http://mailman. ...!

I'd recommend parsing the pipermail files a bit so you don't index
non-content.  In the prog-bin directory is an example (for hypermail).

> Also, the result entries have five lines:
>
> > [LINK]
> > (NULL)
> > Last Modified Date:
> > Document Size:
> > Document Path:
>
> I can't figure out what the (NULL) is.

  http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/swish.html

# Frequently Asked Questions

    * How do I change the way the output looks?
    * How do I use a templating system with swish.cgi?
    * Why are there three different highlighting modules?
    * My ISP doesn't provide access to the web server logs
    * Why does the output show (NULL)?
    * How do I use the SWISH::API perl module with swish.cgi?
    * Why does the "Run time" differ when using the SWISH::API module

See if that helps