Re: Sort by filename

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:02:43 GMT
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 06:12:10AM -0700, Carlos Rocha wrote:

> http://Carlos-Node-1/archives/id/ss/y2002/APP/ID-SS-0362-02_Marletta_Michael.htm

Ah, ok.  The problem is the default sort key length in that version was
50 characters.  It's now set at 100 chars.

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/swishe/swish-e/src/config.h.diff?r1=1.52&r2=1.53

I suppose there should be a way to set that at run time for those that
don't build from source.

> By the way, you may notice that in your first example too:
>
> the first four lines:
> >/usr/share/doc/analog/anlgform.html
> >/usr/share/doc/analog/docs/Readme.html
> >/usr/share/doc/analog/docs/acknow.html
> >/usr/share/doc/analog/docs/alias.html
>
> Readme comes before acknow and from that point on the sort order is kept.

No, "R" comes before "a".

moseley@bumby:~/swish-e/src$ ./swish-e -T index_metanames

-----> METANAMES for index.swish-e <-----

        swishdocpath : id= 6 type= 6  META_PROP:STRING(case:compare) *presorted*

There's an indexing directive that can change that.