Re: PHP and Swish-E 2.4.0-pr1

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 05:08:19 GMT
On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 22:36, polone@townnews.com wrote:
> I didn't find a PHP extension with the PR1 package, so I ended up writing my
> own C extension that plugs into PHP. Is there any working code for a PHP
> extension, and if so, can I get a copy of it somehow?

Jose has been working on one.  There's some preliminary work in SWISH-E
CVS under the swish_php module.  Maybe Jose can comment on the current
status.  It provides a class interface and discreet swish_* functions
which mirror the PERL SWISH::API.  Once the module is built the script
provided lists the available functions and does a query.

You can use the SWISH::API docs as a guide:
  http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/API.html

CVS Web Interface:
  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/swishe/swish_php/

Anonymous CVS instructions are here:
  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=15097

You should be able to build it roughly like this:
  cvs co swish_php
  cd swish_php
  phpize
  ./configure