PHP and Swish-E 2.4.0-pr1

From: <polone(at)not-real.townnews.com>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 03:36:41 GMT
I didn't find a PHP extension with the PR1 package, so I ended up writing my
own C extension that plugs into PHP. Is there any working code for a PHP
extension, and if so, can I get a copy of it somehow? If not, I could
contribute my code - I was actually debating submitting to the PEAR group as a
PECL extension (http://pear.php.net).

Also, while I'm on the subject, is there anyway (through the API) to limit a
search to an offset? I was thinking of the search object having some function
that can set the initial offset, for example, if I want to show 10 results per
page and I was on page 4, I would set the offset of the search query object
(before the query is issued) to 40 (10*4) or something like that. Right now
the only way to emulate this (that I can see) is to SwishSeekResult() to
position 40 and read only 10 records. Also, is there a way to limit how many
records it returns?

Thanks - the new engine (2.4.0) looks like it is working great!

Patrick O'Lone
Internet Software Engineer
TownNews.com
polone@townnews.com