Re: Indexing XLS Files

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 16:30:08 GMT
[back to the list]

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:57:25AM -0400, Jeffrey.Grunstein@ny.frb.org wrote:

> Sorry.  I made a mistake.  It's "wrong content type", not invalid content
> type.

Ok, so a grep finds that in the example SwishSpiderConfig.pl file.
Does that make sense for what you are doing?  Are you using -S prog with
spider.pl?

Or are you using -S http method?  If that's the case then the message
is:

   "Skipping %s:  Wrong content type: %s.\n"

My guess that's it.

And that's because the content type doesn't begin with "text/" or
there is not a filter selected for the URL (which is based on file
extension not content-type which doesn't work very well).

So back to your original problem.

I'll assume you are using -S http and that you are also using the
SWISH::Filter set of modules (since you mentioned
the SWISH::Filter::XLtoHTML module).

Yes, that was correct to add the mime type to that file, although I'm
not sure what you added.  Your message said:

  We got it to work by modifying the XLtoHTML function to include
  both application/vnd.ms-excel and application/vnd.ms-excel.

which look the same to my eyes.

But if you don't have Spreadsheet::ParseExcel installed then
that code will never run.  Do you have that module installed?