Re: Assembler errors

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 14:21:47 GMT
On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 08:53, Andrew Lord wrote:
> making swish-e
> (cd src; make)
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/httpd/html/swish223/src'
> gcc -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSWISH_VERSION=\"2.2.3\" -Iexpat/xmltok
> -Iexpat/xmlparse   -g -O2 -c -o fs.o fs.c

Perhaps removing -O2 optimization would help.  Do a 'make clean' then
remove the -O2 flag from the CFLAGS variable in src/Makefile. Then run
make in the src directory and see what happens.

> I guess that swish draws on some capacity of gcc/as
> that the packages already compiled on that server do not draw upon, otherwise
> the server probably wouldn't wouldn't work at all.

Maybe you're not using the system compiler?  Sounds like binutils and
gcc are not compatible with each other.

What's the output of these commands?:
  which gcc
  which ld
  gcc -v
  ld -v
  uname -a

Maybe someone has a similar system and could reproduce it.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/