Re: index metanames, no return in search

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 15:26:20 GMT
On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 09:58, Peter Karman wrote:
> I'm indexing with the -S prog option. It seems to be working fine from the
> indexing point of view, since the pubnumber is successfully captured from the
> HTML files. However, I seem to be missing the trick when it comes to searching
> on pubnumber content. I've read the documentation (several times).

You might simply need to add _-. to WordCharacters.
See WORDCHARS definition in swish-e/src/config.h if the below
WordCharacters line is scrambled in my email (and ignore the line
wrapping).

Try this config and see what happens:

% cat swish-default.conf
# include the PUBNUMBER meta value for each file
MetaNames PUBNUMBER

# save the PUBNUMBER in the index so its search-able
PropertyNames PUBNUMBER

# minimum word length
MinWordLimit 3

# Valid characters found in "words"
WordCharacters
_-.0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzªºÁÃÅÇÉËÍÏÑÓÕØÚÜÞàâäæèêìîðòôöùûýÿ

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/