index metanames, no return in search

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 14:58:57 GMT
Hello,
I'm impressed with swish-e so far; very fast, from my perspective.

I've been fooling around with the metaname indexing. I can get the content of
the metaname to return as a field in a text search, but cannot seem to get the
metaname field *itself* to be searched.

Example:

% ./swish -f irix.index -c swish-default.conf -T INDEX_METANAMES

-----> METANAMES for irix.index <-----
         swishdefault : id= 1 type= 1  META_INDEX  Rank Bias=  0
        swishreccount : id= 2 type=42  META_INTERNAL META_PROP:NUMBER
            swishrank : id= 3 type=42  META_INTERNAL META_PROP:NUMBER
         swishfilenum : id= 4 type=42  META_INTERNAL META_PROP:NUMBER
          swishdbfile : id= 5 type=38  META_INTERNAL META_PROP:STRING(case:compare)
         swishdocpath : id= 6 type= 6  META_PROP:STRING(case:compare) *presorted*
           swishtitle : id= 7 type=70  META_PROP:STRING(case:ignore) *presorted*
         swishdocsize : id= 8 type=10  META_PROP:NUMBER *presorted*
    swishlastmodified : id= 9 type=18  META_PROP:DATE *presorted*
            pubnumber : id=10 type= 1  META_INDEX  Rank Bias=  0
            pubnumber : id=11 type=70  META_PROP:STRING(case:ignore) *presorted*

% ./swish-e -f irix.index -c swish-default.conf -w '"debugging test"' \
  -x '<pubnumber>\n'

# SWISH format: 2.2.3
# Search words: "debugging mode"
# Number of hits: 26
# Search time: 0.024 seconds
# Run time: 0.118 seconds
SG-2009_9.0
.

% ./swish-e -f irix.index -c swish-default.conf -w 'pubnumber=SG-2009_9.0' \
-x '<pubnumber>'
# SWISH format: 2.2.3
# Search words: pubnumber=SG-2009_9.0
err: no results
.

% cat swish-default.conf
# include the PUBNUMBER meta value for each file
MetaNames PUBNUMBER
#
# save the PUBNUMBER in the index so its search-able
PropertyNames PUBNUMBER
#
# minimum word length
MinWordLimit 3
#

I'm indexing with the -S prog option. It seems to be working fine from the
indexing point of view, since the pubnumber is successfully captured from the
HTML files. However, I seem to be missing the trick when it comes to searching
on pubnumber content. I've read the documentation (several times).

Any suggestions?

thanks.

pek
--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Programmer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com