Re: wordnet and swish-e

From: Juan Francisco Fernandez Carrasco <juanf(at)not-real.lsi.upc.es>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 09:23:22 GMT
Aaron Bazar wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I was wondering if anybody has any experience using Wordnet with Swish-e ?
> (http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/)
>
> I was thinking of setting my search sites up so that synonyms or similar
> words might be searched at the same time. So, if you were to go to
> http://www.financesearch.org and type in "credit card", you might also get
> search results returned for "charge card", or at least a link on the side
> asking if you would like to perform a search on charge cards.
>
> By the way, if anybody needs help setting up swish-e on ENSIM webappliance
> for Linux, I may be able to offer advice. I have set it up on a few sites
> now including http://www.telecomsearch.org and http://www.widgets.ws . It
> really is a great search engine software and works well in Ensim with a few
> tweaks.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Aaron Bazar

Hi Aaron!!

I curently work with WordNet and Swish-e. There is a module in Perl to access
WorNet and, by all means there are modules in the same language
to access swish-e programatically. I myself use the combination

http://search.cpan.org/author/JRENNIE/WordNet-QueryData-1.28/QueryData.pm

http://search.cpan.org/author/HANK/SWISH-0.07/SWISH.pm

I hope this might help you.

Best,