Swish DLL please

From: Ruben <rubenn(at)not-real.pd.jaring.my>
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 13:17:39 GMT
Dear Swish-E team and users,

I think this has been asked many times before.

Is there a Win32 DLL for Swish-E? If not, could you please make one?
I think it is a very good feature and personally, I don't like
shelling to the executable. DLL should be far faster, more reliable
and more professional.

Since Visual Basic IMHO is the easiest way to design Win32 GUI, it is
good to have Swish-E in DLL with functions accessible from VB or any
language.

You can even end up writing a version of Swish-E that runs like The
Sleuthhound!:
http://www.isleuthhound.com/sleuthhound/

Personally, I have created a program in VB that is a custom database
for a very specialized purpose, in a custom formatted file. These are
internally used for a web project, not (yet) for public distribution.

Why we need indexing is because we have source documents from which
we extract quotes from (to make the databases) and the project
members have to index the source documents, search for keywords, then
enter the extracted section by copy and paste as well as manually
discern the source of the extract. We are presently using The
Sleuthhound! together with my software.

Why I am looking at Swish-E as a DLL is so that I could expand my
program in such a way that the VB program that calls the functions
from the DLL could index and search the source documents, plus, the
users could highlight the portion that they want from the document
and click a button. The software would then instantaneously enter the
highlighted portion as a new record into a presently created database
file as well as discern its source automatically and enter that as
well, instead of the present hassle of copying and pasting, switching
windows between apps, manually entering sources etc.

Since Swish-E is a GPL'ed project, creating a DLL would have many
potential uses that the original creators did not foresee and so I
request that it is done and made available formally. After all, only
the developers of Swish-E know the codes very well and could do this
task very aptly.

--
Warmest regards,
Ruben