Re: Modifying the example CGI input form?

From: Michael W. Cocke <cocke(at)not-real.catherders.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 18:13:42 GMT
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:24:20 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 03:21:42PM -0700, Michael W. Cocke wrote:
>> I'm a novice/intermediate PERL programmer (but I'm working on it!)
>> with a small question...   I'd like to make a small change to the
>> example input form.  Can someone please tell me where it's stored???
>
>I assume you are talking about the swish.cgi script.  The output can be
>generated a number of ways -- using a templating system or, by default,
>with a Perl module called TemplateDefault.pm.
>
>Take a look at the docs:
>
> http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/swish.html
>
>There's a FAQ section:
>
># Frequently Asked Questions
>
>  * How do I change the way the output looks?
>
>That section needs updating for the the 2.4.0 version of Swish because
>modules are now installed automatically.  But you can still copy that
>TemplateDefault.pm module some place and change the Package name as
>described.  There's no requirement for it to be in the SWISH name space
>-- you can rename the package as you like and them just make sure it can
>be found via the @INC array.

I guess my question wasn't clear;  I found the stuff in
TemplateDefault.pm...   What I don't get is how to modify the input
form!   This is going right over my head - is there a 'FAQ for
complete idiots' somewhere?

Mike-

If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have
installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com.  If
email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,
non-attachments.