UTF-8 highlighting

From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 09:31:56 GMT
Hello again, so I got most of what I want going and now have the following
questions (swish-e is WONDERFUL btw - love it).

1. I have various mailing-lists which are archived as UTF-8 files.  I didn't
   do anything special about indexing them (no conversion is needed) and
   I added the following line to the search.tt file (after <head>)

   I see results - which is great, but the highlighting seems to mess things
   up.  Instead of seeing my words highlighted properly, I see question
   marks with sprinkled yellow highlights (every other question mark in a
   row gets the yellow highlight).  Is there anyway to fix that.  I use the
   default hightlight method (ie. I don't over-ride anything in that area,
   so I believe its using 'PhraseHighlight' which is fine).  Not sure if
   you need to include 'use utf8;' in your code or what so that the various
   multibyte characters get grouped appropriately.  Any ideas/solutions ?

2. Using the 'TemplateToolkit' method - if I don't find a result for my
   search I get a red "no result" _above_ the search form.  Is there anyway
   to control the location of where that string gets inserted (and all other
   error strings.  I saw that it gets spewed out as STDERR and didn't follow
   it after that.

Using 2.2.3 on debian

Thanks again.

 .tf.