Re: Swish-e on Windows 2000 Server

From: Nathan Vonnahme <nathan.vonnahme(at)not-real.bannerhealth.com>
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 21:30:32 GMT
I'm in the middle of working on using Swish on IIS/Win2k (for similar reasons) though I can only spend a few minutes here and there on it.  I had a verbose discussion a week or two ago on this list about some of the quirks-- basically, you may need to use quotes around arguments inside system requests to swish-e.exe and other binaries.

I also needed to index MS Office and PDF documents, so I had to install xpdf and catdoc.  Cygwin was very helpful for that.  The DOS version of catdoc I downloaded didn't seem to do anything but I was able to compile it from source (I think I had to comment out some voodoo stuff in a catdoc configuration file though.).

Anyway I am not finished setting it up but I think most of the pieces are there.

-n

--
nathan vonnahme  :  programmer/analyst  :  nathan.vonnahme@bannerhealth.com
fairbanks memorial hospital/denali center  :  1650 cowles st, fairbanks alaska 99701

>>> "Roubart Capcap" <RCapcap@scif.com> 06/19/03 11:44AM >>>

Hi,

I have used Swish-E on RedHat Linux and it's working pretty good.  I am planning to install it on a Windows 2000 platform (for political reasons which I don't have any control, at the moment).  I have no idea on how to make it work on Windows.  Besides installing the Windows version of Swish-E, is there any other programs that I should install.  I saw a mention of cygwin on the board but is there any other?  I appreciate any assistance you can give.

Thank you,
Roubart Capcap