Re: ReplaceRules, excerpt, and PDFs

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 20:57:54 GMT
On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 13:51, Josh Santangelo wrote:
> ReplaceRules replace "/home/html/opentv/" "/"
> /home/httpd/html/opentv/company/index.html
>
> What I want is:
> /company/index.html
>
> What am I missing?

httpd?

You could also do this:
  ReplaceRules remove /home/httpd/html/opentv

> Also, is it difficult to get the search results to output an excerpt of
> matched documents along with the results? What goes in the config file
> and templates for that?

StoreDescription:
 http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_StoreDescription

I believe swish.cgi picks up the description automatically.

> How do I index PDFs? I have filter-bin/_pdf2html.pl, but I'm not sure
> how to use it. The docs on the FileFilter directive are confusing me.

If you're using the FileFilter directive then you only need pdftotext
which is provided by xpdf.

The Documentation:
  http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_FileFilter

Gives this example for Unix:
  FileFilter .pdf       pdftotext   "'%p' -"

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/