Re: configuring and debugging swish.cgi with IIS on Windows, and

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 20:24:05 GMT
On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 14:18, Bill Moseley wrote:
> >         swish_binary    => 'C:\"Program Files"\SWISH-E\swish-e.exe',        # Location of swish-e binary
> >         swish_index     => 'C:\Program Files\SWISH-E\index.swish-e',    # Location of your index file
> >
> > The space in "Program Files" needs to be quoted in the first, but not
> > in the second, because of the way DOS and Perl interact.
>
> Huh, interesting.  Under Windows it uses IPC::Open2, which still goest
> through the shell. I see a line that does:

Can we do away with this shell stuff entirely and use SWISH::API on
Windows?  Would that help the shell escaping situation?  The Windows
SWISH::API build could use some real testing, anyway.

I can shorten the PPM URL and post it here if there's some interest in
testing it.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/