RE: emptying an index?

From: Steven Moy <SMoy(at)not-real.hedgeworld.com>
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 18:41:04 GMT
Ah, ok, that's useful to know, and it does make sense since I noticed that
there were in fact .temp files in the index directory while none of my other
indexes had .temp files.

So to recap- if there were no files to index, the temp files do not
overwrite the index files.  So anyone who needs to do indexing on a
directory that from time to time may become empty, they must make sure that
at least one dummy file stays in the directory or else do a manual
overwriting of the index files with the temp files after reindexing is
complete.

Thanks Bill,
-Steve