RE: Some errors with e-swish and swish.cgi. Solution

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 04:31:26 GMT
On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 01:45:38PM -0700, Alejandro Acosta wrote:
> Hello, the answer to my own question..., the problem was the timeout
> variable, I increased it to 20 and now it is working..., I can't believe my
> server needs more time, I think
> I am doing something wrong.., but that is another problem.

You should have seen something in your apache log file:

        warn "$0 $@"; # if $conf->{debug};
        $self->errstr( "Service currently unavailable" );
        return $self;
    }

That "warn" message should be in the log, and it should simply say the
name of the script and "Timed out".

Have you indexed a very large number of files?