Re: SWISH-E License

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 02:03:28 GMT
On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 20:05, Greg Ford wrote:
> If swish-e was LGPL then I would have no legal right to the code I just
> wrote.

Well, LGPL gives you an out specifically for situations like that.  LGPL
has a provision (Terms and Conditions section 3) which allows you to
switch the license to the GPL before transfering a copy to someone
else.  Meaning, although they could download SWISH-E under LGPL you
could transfer your copy to them under GPL.  You simply have to go
through the sources and make the changes outlined in that above
mentioned section.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/