Re: SWISH-E License

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 02:03:28 GMT
On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 20:05, Greg Ford wrote:
> If swish-e was LGPL then I would have no legal right to the code I just
> wrote.

Well, LGPL gives you an out specifically for situations like that.  LGPL
has a provision (Terms and Conditions section 3) which allows you to
switch the license to the GPL before transfering a copy to someone
else.  Meaning, although they could download SWISH-E under LGPL you
could transfer your copy to them under GPL.  You simply have to go
through the sources and make the changes outlined in that above
mentioned section.

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039