Re: Searching Help Files?

From: Marissa Eddings <Marissa.Eddings(at)not-real.salland-usa.com>
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 15:14:35 GMT
>I have just completed a project similar (but possibly smaller) to yours.
For my project I wanted a tool for searching a >CD-ROM containing about a
thousand html files.......I would be happy to send you a copy of my source.

Thank you very much, Greg!  I would appreciate a copy of your tool's source.
It sounds like it could definitely help.  Our projects sound very similar.
Currently, I have around 500 html files, however this will grow quickly as
the product develops.

>Of course if when you say "all sorts of different customer platforms" you
are including Apple or UNIX then SwishCtl  is >not suitable...

The product is a PC semiconductor tester data analysis tool, the counterpart
to our Unix server software suite, and our customers, both domestic and
overseas, tend to use a variety of different browsers & OS's.  So I meant it
should be somewhat flexible in that regard.  I don't believe we've ever had
a customer use Apple.  All our customers are on PCs or Sun boxes.  So
SwishCtl sounds like it would be suitable for my project.  I can always
include a blurb such as "you need IE 4.x or better to use this search
feature" on the search form page.

Thanks again for your help and feedback,
~marissa~