Problem with Boolean NOT

From: <Jeffrey.Grunstein(at)not-real.ny.frb.org>
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 19:13:15 GMT
We have Swish-E 2.2.1 running on a Solaris 9 box.
I'm using a customized swish.cgi as the search interface.
I'm using PhraseHighlightng a customized TemplateDefault.pm.

When I try a search containing the boolean not, I still get results that
contain the excluded word.

A search like * strategic plan not bank *
should return all results that contain * strategic *
and * plan * but NOT the word * bank *.  But I get
results that contain the word * bank *.  For some
of the results, the word bank is highlighted on the
results page.  Other results have the word bank of
the page that was found, but bank isn't highlighted
on the search results page.

Is this a known bug?  Am I doing something wrong
or is something not configured properly?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.