Re: Indexing Frames Pages

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 16:52:13 GMT
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:00:31AM -0700, Roubart Capcap wrote:
> I have looking at the discussion pages and I can't seem to find the
> modified spider program to index frames.

You mean a modified swishspider program?  Seems like there was a discussion
about that.  My guess is it would not be hard to look at the swishspider
program and make that change.  perldoc HTML::LinkExtor would probably give
the answer.  And in swishspider I see a line like

    return unless $tag eq 'a' && $links{href};

so there you have it...

Or you could use -S prog with spider.pl:

See http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/spider.pl.in.html[1] and search for "frame".

[1] note that is the dev version -- mostly the same, but if in doubt check
the docs on your own system.