Indexing getting cut off...

From: David VanHook <dvanhook(at)not-real.mshanken.com>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 13:26:25 GMT
Hello -- have been running SWISH on Sun OS with great success for a number
of months now, but have recently encountered a problem with weekly full-site
index.  It appears that the index file is getting truncated somehow.

I've got our weekly script set so that it first makes a backup of the
previous full index -- and the past few times the weekly indexer has run,
the resulting swish.index file is about 1/5th the size of the previous index
file.  The bad .prop files are roughly the same size as the good .prop
files, but they are still about 15% smaller.

When I vi the logfile generated by the weekly script, (I've got the verbose
level set at 1), there are no errors reported.  It writes the word text and
word data, sorts the properties, displays the total time and total word
count, and says that the indexing has completed.

But when we search on these truncated indexes, we don't get the results
which we should.  Searching on an author whose name is in hundreds of
documents results in a "no results".

How do I begin trying to figure out where the problem is?

David VanHook