swish.cgi quickee

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 01:03:19 GMT
PERL newbie question...  ;-)  Rather than burn a bunch of time working
on my PHP script I figured I'd save a lot of work and use swish.cgi.  So
far that's going great.

So, I've installed the swish-e 2.3.5 RPM I made.  I've symlinked
/usr/lib/swish-e/swish.cgi into my web tree and convinced Apache to
handle it correctly.  I made a simple config to get my metadata and such
into the interface.  That works great.

On to the question:  swish.cgi is read-only and I'd like to keep it that
way.  What's an acceptable way to remove, rather than simply change, a
default option within the config file?  I wanted to get rid of the
date_ranges feature, for example.  I'm wondering if this is an
acceptable way to do it.  Here's a subset of my swish.cgi config:

return {
        title           => 'Library Search',
        date_ranges     => '',
        prepend_path    => '',