Re: undefined reference to `SwishErrorsToStderr(void)'

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 13:06:31 GMT
On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, [iso-8859-1] f b wrote:

> Hi I get errors when linking to the swish-e library, when I use the
> Error functions located in error.c/error.h I have verified that the
> error.o is located in the swish-e library, but I still get the linker
> error.

Which version of swish are you working with?  Perhaps you are linking with
the old library?

moseley@bumby:~$ nm /usr/local/lib/libswish-e.so | grep SwishErrorsTo
0000ef20 T SwishErrorsToStderr

> When I comment out the use of the Error functions, so that only the
> Search functions are still in use, it links perfectly. An example of
> the linker errors I get is:  undefined reference to
> `SwishErrorsToStderr(void)' The libtest-example that also are using
> the Error functions complies and links, so I have no ide why I can not
> get my code to link with the Error functions.

I can only guess.  I'd probably compare the link links with libtest and
your application and see how they compare.

Good luck,

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org