Re: Defaults for -S http method

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 09:01:00 GMT
On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 01:35, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Now it makes a request, waits "delay" seconds" then
> makes the next request.
>
> So at today's standards, one per minute seems a bit much.

I would tend to agree.  Software, hardware, and the network is vastly
different than 10 years ago...

5 seconds would probably be good.  Maybe it could be as high as 10 if
someone is still concerned?

> As for the MaxDepth, I think I've seen one or two people that have posted
> wondering why their entire site was not indexed --- which turned out to be
> the MaxDepth setting.  Nobody has complained or expected that Swish would
> only index the top one or two levels only.

I don't see any reason why MaxDepth couldn't be infinity so long as it
can't get stuck in loops or traverse outside it's URL structure by
default.

> Seem reasonable, or have I finally lost my mind?

You're fine so long as you're still asking that question.  ;-)

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/