Error with v2.2.3 make on Solaris 8

From: Jeff St. Laurent <JStlau(at)not-real.ci.scarborough.me.us>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 19:55:14 GMT
Hi,

I get the following error when running 'make':

# make
making swish-e
(cd src; make)
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/swish-e-2.2.3/src'
gcc -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSWISH_VERSION=\"2.2.3\" -Iexpat/xmltok -Iexpat/xmlparse -I/usr/local/include/libxml -I/usr/local/include  -g -02 -c -o fs.o fs.c
cc1:  warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1:  warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

This repeats several times and the only thing that changes is the part after the "-g -02 -c -o".  The next one is "http.o http.c", then "httpserver.o httpserver.c", then "extprog.o extprog.c" and so on until...

Undefined                                               first referenced
  symbol                                                     in file
libiconv                                                   /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so
libiconv                                                   /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so
libiconv                                                   /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so
ld:  fatal:  Symbol referencing errors.  No output written to swish-e
collect2:  ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [swish-e] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/swish-e-2.2.3/src'
make: *** [swish-e] Error 2

There may be some spelling mistakes in there.  I had to type in out.  Anyway, can anyone help me out with this one?  I can put the entire output in here if need be.  Configure seemed to go without error.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff