Re: C Library question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 15:42:15 GMT
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, greg wrote:

> I would like to use the new API, but the VisualC++ projects don't
> appear to be up to date with the source code (?) - Maybe someone can
> point me to an up-to-date VC++ dsw/dsp project?

I suspect (e.g. I'm gussing)  that's because we no longer build the
Windows version of swish on Windows.  Dave Norris has an automated build
process now that run on Linux that builds the Windows binary.  I think
that makes him happy.

> If there is no current VC++ project, which .c files are required by
> the library? And where does win32/config.h get included (in the build)?

look at src/Makefile.in to see what code gets in the Library:

  LIB_OBJS     = $(SEARCHING_OBJS) $(DB_OBJS) $(UTIL_OBJS)

How that gets used in building a library on Windows is a question for
someone else.

> Oh, and is there a stable version of Swish-e 2.3 ?

By definition that is not a stable release (even numbers are releases the
odd number version are development.

2.4 will be released Real Soon Now.  I'm waiting for:

  - someone to look over the ranking code
  - see if we can get a Windows ppm for SWISH::API built (on Linux)
  - add libtool support to the current make file (with the final
    goal of moving to Automake)
  - test some changes to the swish.cgi script
  - something else that I cannot remember at this time

and now, perphaps some updates to the win32 directory.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org