Re: nevermind Re: Re: 2.3.4 from cvs: SWISH::API

From: Brian Tingle <brian.tingle(at)not-real.ucop.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 01:08:50 GMT
Okay, I figured out the reason this worked is b/c I had also installed into
/usr/local to test things out.

When I remove libswish-e.a from /usr/local/lib; I can't make test.

I've tried dozens of combinations of LDFLAGS; LD_LIBRARY_PATH; and
LD_RUN_PATH -- but I can only get this to install as root.  I don't have
root on production.  Any ideas how I can build this perl module without
putting libswish-e.a in /usr/local/bin on Solaris 8 with gcc 2.95.3?

At 07:38 PM 2/21/2003 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Brian Tingle wrote:
>
> > I think it was setting the LDFLAGS environmental variable (per ./configure
> > --help) before building swish-e that did the trick.
>
>Odd.  All that should do is add a search path that configure uses when
>testing for features for the running platform.  It's also added to the
>link line when building swish-e as a place to search for libraries swish-e
>might need (such as libz).
>
>Anyway, at least things are running for you.
>
>Thanks,
>

>--
>Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org

-- Brian Tingle
    Development Programmer, California Digital Library
    (510)987-0443