Re: open2: wtr should not be null

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 20:25:26 GMT
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, webmaster wrote:

> Swish.cgi runs fine on my local machine's IIS, but when I try to run it
> from the live site on our ISP's Window server I get the "Service
> currently unavailable" error.  The error is originating in windows_fork,
> and the error message is "open2: wtr should not be null".  I'm at a loss
> as to what to try or do at this point, and our ISP refuses to provide
> script support.  Thanks in advance for your help.

It probably means your ISP has an old version of perl (likely 5.005)
installed instead one of the newer versions such as 5.6 or 5.6.1 or 5.8.0.

You can either upgrade Perl, upgrade IPC::Open2, or edit the swish.cgi
script.

This is untested, but basically:

In swish.cgi look for the lines:

    my $pid = IPC::Open2::open2($rdrfh, $wtrfh, @command );