Re: 2.3.4 from cvs: SWISH::API won't make test

From: Brian Tingle <brian.tingle(at)not-real.ucop.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 18:35:56 GMT
At 01:44 PM 2/20/2003 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Brian Tingle wrote:
>
>Did you build swish-e first and run make install to install the new
>library and header?

I even did 'make install-lib'

>I just build on Linux without any problem.

I'm on solaris 8 and using gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release).

> > I can't figure out how to make libswish-e.so
>
>Swish doesn't build a .so library.

humm, can it?  I need to build a package/install directions for my web
sites, ... and I think that if I use statically linked objects then the
data center / my install scripts will have to compile this after the path
of where it will live at is known.  When I use .so files, I seem to be able
to build them on one machine and move them to a different machine where the
paths are totally different without problems.  Maybe I'm confused about this.

> > libswish-e.a is installed in /cdldevel2/tingle/dev-bundle/lib
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
>You would probably need to set LD_RUN_PATH before running make to point to
>the location of the library.

I don't normally have to set an LD_RUN_PATH (just LD_LIBRARY_PATH) but set
it and did a 'make clean; ./configure ... ; make install; make install-lib'
in swish-e/; then tried the SWISH::API, and got the same error.

any other ideas?

>--
>Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org

-- Brian Tingle
    Development Programmer, California Digital Library
    (510)987-0443