Re: Result expansion problem

From: Mark Peesel <mark(at)not-real.summitdesign.net>
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 23:09:02 GMT
Bill et al, here are some answers.

>> All you see is a list like this:
>>
>> index.html
>> Outward Bound West: Uncle Henry's
>
>> It is giving me a mix of page titles and file names with no descriptions...
>>
>> Here is my conf file (most comments removed for space):
>
> Actually, you could probably remove much of that from your config -- just
> use the defaults and change the few settings you need.  That looks like an
> old config file example, too.  What version of swish are you using?

SWISH-E 2.0.5

> I guess I don't understand the problem.  Or problems.  First you need to
> generate an index with the correct data stored in the index. You typically
> would use StoreDescription to save the content in the index.
The index file seems to be generating correctly.

> Where it
> says "index.html" swish is not finding a title in the document, so that's
> another issue.
The titles DO exist in all the documents, but as you see, they aren't being
seen by Swish.

> Then how you parse and display the results is the other part of the
> problem, of course.  How are you running swish and parsing the results
> currently?  Can you show the code you are using?
We are using the standard search.pl script that came with the install.  We
added the look and feel, but when I switched back to the original, we got
the same results.

> BTW -- I noticed that you have the path to the index file as a form field.
> Make sure you filter that very well -- or better map some letter or id
> number to the real index path.
I'm not sure what you mean here.  Can you explain?

Thanks!