Re: Swish-e 2.2.3 and swishej.jar

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 15:20:28 GMT
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Abson, Kevin wrote:

> I'm using Swish-e 1.3.2 and Christian Werner's applet (
> http://www.ch-werner.de/swishej/ ) to search documentation files stored on
> local machines. This is a great solution, except the indexing takes far too
> long (the files are customised for each machine).
> Now I've discovered Swish-e 2.2.3, which sounds like it will greatly reduce
> the time taken to create the database. However, Swish-e 2.2.3 & the applet
> don't mix.

Looks like it would require a complete rewrite of Christian's applet.
That's a nice bit of work, but it looks like it's tied directly to the
internal format of the index file, which changes often.

It would be best to base the code on the swish-e library interface as that
will allow the internals of swish-e to change without effecting the java
interface.  And the library API only changes once in a while.. ;)

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org