Swish-e 2.2.3 and swishej.jar

From: Abson, Kevin <Kevin.Abson(at)>
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 09:22:52 GMT
I'm using Swish-e 1.3.2 and Christian Werner's applet ( ) to search documentation files stored on
local machines. This is a great solution, except the indexing takes far too
long (the files are customised for each machine).
Now I've discovered Swish-e 2.2.3, which sounds like it will greatly reduce
the time taken to create the database. However, Swish-e 2.2.3 & the applet
don't mix.
Is there an updated equivalent to the applet out there somewhere? Or some
other solution? I don't want to change the setup too much, since the time
taken isn't a critical issue (just annoying).
The documents are HTML files on a standard Windows XP installation.
Kevin Abson