How to design and package portable internet software

From: John Almberg <jalmberg(at)not-real.identry.com>
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 04:16:20 GMT
As a team that has done a great job at creating a software package, I
wonder if you can recommend any good reading on how to design and
package internet software that can be easily installed on a 'standard'
(i.e. varying) Linux platform?

I've done this with varying degrees of success and am just about to
start a new project where easy installation will be key. I'm sure
someone has written down some good strategies for this kind of thing.
Any pointers in the right direction much appreciated!

Brgds: John