Re: Failed to load Highlighting Module; Unknown metaname:

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 19:55:34 GMT
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jean Mao wrote:

> when i run swish.cgi from web, and select 'Title & Body' option, I got =
> 'Failed to load Highlighting Module' and following error message:
>
> Bareword "qr" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at =
> modules/PhraseHighlight.pm line 387, <GEN0> chunk 34.
> Unquoted string "qr" may clash with future reserved word at =
> modules/PhraseHighlight.pm line 387, <GEN0> chunk 34.

Oh really, that's interesting.

I think the shebang line in swish.cgi is #!/usr/local/bin/perl

what do you get if you run

  /usr/local/bin/perl -v

hard to belive that's the problem.

What is your *swish* configuration file look like?  The one you used when
indexing with the -c option.

> when i run swish.cgi from web, and select 'Title' option, I got 'Unknown =
> metaname: 'swishtitle'' and no error message
>
> when i run swish.cgi from web, and select 'Document Path' option, I got =
> 'Unknown metaname: 'swishdocpath'' and no error message

Well, I think that "Unknown metaname" is the error message.

Maybe you didn't define swishtitle and swishdocpath as a Metaname in your
config file while indexing?

perldoc swish.cgi has an INSTALLATION section and step two shows a config
file of:

               IndexDir /usr/local/apache/htdocs
               IndexOnly .html .htm
               DefaultContents HTML