Re: pdftotext (was: help for posting a question)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 02:58:46 GMT
> > swish-e -w "RECOMMENDATIONS" -f C:/wwwroot/indexing/swish.index -v
> > # " recommendations" is the word contained in report.pdf  and
> > report.html file

> > So, is report.pdf file indexed in this situation?

No, not being indexed.

> NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg .pdf .ps .jpg .png

This tells SWISH-E to not index the contents of .pdf files.  I would
suggest discarding that old example config and starting from scratch
using only the config options you know need.  That old example config
file has been the source of endless confusion, I'm afraid.

Try this config file:
   IndexDir  C:/wwwroot/html/
   IndexFile C:/wwwroot/indexing/swish.index
   IndexOnly .html .pdf .htm
   FileFilter .pdf c:/wwwroot/cgi-bin/xpdf/pdftotext.exe '"%p" -'

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://home.webaugur.com/