Re: searching with swish-e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 18:53:46 GMT
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Rons Dixon wrote:

> I am currently running swish-e 2.2, i am trying to construct a search =
> that will achieve the following.  I want to search the title of a =
> document and the body for exact pharse and non pharase
>
> for example
>
> search for "sodium phosphate" and calcicum
>
> what is wrong with the following
>   I am running this from the command line in linux then i parse the =
> results with php.
>

> swish-e -w ' "sodium phosphate" and calcium or title=3D"sodium =
> phosphate" or title=3D"calcium" ' -f main.index

So you are searching for any document that contains the phrase "sodium
phosphate" and calcium

OR any document that contains the word calcium

OR any document that contains the phrase in the title

OR any document that contains the word calcium,

> the above query give the all the documents with calcium but not sodium =
> phosphate.

How about something like:

   -w swishdefault=("sodium phosphate" and calcium) \
      OR title=("sodium phosphate" and calcium)

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org