Re: swish memory/perf

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 02:40:41 GMT
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Timothy Smith wrote:

> that was with the -e switch (see inline).

Oh, right.  Everytime I've indexed with -e the memory consumption stays
quite low.  Do you see *lots* of temporary files in the current directory
when indexing?

Try indexing with -v3 and see if there's a single file it's getting hung
up on.  IIRC the memory savings with -e are per file, so it could be one
big file causing the problems.

Anyone else experience high memory usage when using -e?