Re: problem: swish-e index content of file but not index

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 18:31:28 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Alan  Tigri wrote:

> I index a file system.
> With my configuration swish-e index correctly content of file
> (for example .doc, .txt file) but NOT index the file name.
> What is wrong?

I don't understand the problem.  Do you mean you cannot *search* by
filename .doc or .txt files?

Filenames are not normally indexed (unless you use NoContents as below).
If you want to search path names you could use:

  MetaNames swishdocpath

> IndexOnly .txt .htm .html .pdf .doc .xls .xml .mdb .gif .jpg .zip .rtf .pps .ppt .flo
> NoContents .mdb .gif .jpg .pps .ppt .flo

> # Assign the filter to .pdf files
> # Please see docs on what data can be passed to the filter.
> FileFilter .pdf /home/claudio/swish-e-2.2.2/filter-bin/

By the way, running a Perl filter via the FileFilter directive can be slow
if you are filtering a lot of files due to the startup cost of perl.

Bill Moseley