Re: Bad links in documentation

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 03:55:49 GMT
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, John Almberg wrote:

> Well, I'm working on a site built by another web guy (graphics type.)
> It's a couple hundred pages of static content and one page (an events
> calandar) of dynamic content. So the search engine has to index lots of
> static pages and one dynamic page. Odd, yes, but mine is not to reason
> why, mine is to deliver the software.

I have one site that is a mix of static and one section is database
driven.  I use a -S prog program that first spiders, ignoring the database
generated URLs, and the reads the database.  Makes it easy to combine the
input methods.

   IndexDir ./spider.pl ./read_database.pl

> Did the whole thing in one day, which is a testament to the quality of
> the swish documentation. Excellent program, excellent docs!

Cool.  I was talking to someone the other day that suggested the only way
to do anything fast was with .NET!

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org