Bad links in documentation

From: Greg Fenton <greg_fenton(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 17:06:39 GMT
Bill,

There are a couple of bad links in the FAQ Doc on the SWISH-E website.

Go to:

http://www.swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-FAQ.html#How_do_I_modify_the_path_or_URL_of_the_indexed_documents_

Once there, the link to "ReplaceRules" at the does not link to the
CONFIG doc.  It currently is:

  <a HREF="#item_ReplaceRules">

But I think it should be

  <a HREF="SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_ReplaceRules">

(this is line 1051 in SWISH-FAQ.html)

This problem appears to exist in many places in the FAQ.  If you search
for "#item_" in SWISH-FAQ.html, you should see the same pattern as the
ReplaceRules issue above.

Lastly, there is a link to "#item_examples" in the FAQ.  I could not
find an "item_examples" in any of the docs, so I don't know where that
should be linking to.

I don't know how the docs are generated.  If they are hand-done, I'd be
happy to make mods and return them to you.  If they are generated from
some other source (DocBook or something), I could do the work but I may
need a pointer or two.

Hope this helps,
greg_fenton.

=====