Re: Segmentation fault when running configure

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 04:08:33 GMT
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, John Almberg wrote:

> I am trying to install swish-e on a Linux web server. It is a shared web
> server and I do not have root access.
>
> I unzipped the swish-e-2.2.3.tar.gz package in my home directory. No
> problems. However, when I attemted to run configure, I got a
> segmentation fault (under bash). There does not seem to be a core file.
>
> Also tried running under sh, same result.

Ah, is this on identry.com?  I have an account on that ISP also.

And odd timing -- I was just writing them to complain about their lack
of upgrades:

>/bin/sh --version
GNU bash, version 2.01.0(23)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

This is perl, version 5.004_01

ssh: SSH Secure Shell 2.4.0

That's some old stuff.  Anyway,

configure is a shell script.  I was able to get it to run by commenting
out this line:

#$as_unset ENV MAIL MAILPATH

I have no idea why that would cause a segfault in bash.

I was able to then build swish.  BUT, I tried it a second time and now it
won't build.  It's writing config.cache and then executing it, but it also
has that unset line, so it's causing a segfault, too.

I'll see if the autoconf list has any suggestions, but I think it's
something related to he.net.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org