Re: what does it mean ?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 14:37:36 GMT
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Michael wrote:

> when i index a page with the HTTP method, i have this result :
>
> Skipping
> http://F4i.fr/inform/Documentation/index.php?PHPSESSID=3a06066df32fb4ff48dee
> f579063dc24:  Too deep.

Where is that "Too deep" message coming from?  I don't see it in
spider.pl, so maybe it's from the perl LWP code that's handling the
request.  Or do you have code in your config file that generates that?

> Skipping javascript:ChangeBrochureCat('1'):  Wrong method or server.
> Skipping javascript:ChangeBrochureCat('2'):  Wrong method or server.
>
> why the javascript function is not interpreted ?

Because neither the LWP code or spider.pl have a javascript interperter
built in.

If those javascript calls are navigation you might try using <noscript>
.. </noscript> to list your links that the javascript generates.  That
way the spider should follow those links.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org