Re: Returning Highlighted Text or the META Description

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 18:43:59 GMT
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 Jeffrey.Grunstein@ny.frb.org wrote:

> I'm running Swish-E 2.2.2 on Solaris 9.  I am running the swish.cgi that
> comes with the distribution.
> When I index, I define metaname properties for the DESCRIPTION and KEYWORDS
> meta tags.
>
> When swish.cgi returns results, I want it to display the highlighted BODY
> text (I'm storing BODY tags
> as descriptions).  But if the match was found somewhere other than in
> swishdefault, no description
> is returned since the match was elsewhere (in the DESCRIPTION tag, for
> example).
>
> I want to modify swish.cgi to return the DESCRIPTION tag in this case.
> Here's what I have so far but
> it's not working.  Am I on the right path?  Is there an easier way to do
> it?   I'd appreciate any help.

Just so I'm clear, the swish.cgi docs suggest:

    StoreDescription HTML <body> 200000

and the default setup has

    description_prop    => 'swishdescription',

The first one says to store the <body> under the PropertyName
"swishdescritpion" and the second line tells swish.cgi to use the
"swishdescription" as the Proptery to display as the description.

So you want to instead use a meta tag called "description", right?

There's a couple ways to do that.

In your configs:

    PropertyNames description
    description_prop    => 'description',

or you could do it all in the config file for swish (and leave the
swish.cgi config alone)

     PropertyNames swishdescription
     PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description

Which is just making "description" look like property "swishdescription"