Problem Indexing META Tags

From: <Jeffrey.Grunstein(at)not-real.ny.frb.org>
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 19:11:26 GMT
I am running Swish-E 2.2.2 on a Solaris 9 box.
I have Swish-E running in two instances - one as a file system crawl and
one as a PROG spider.

I am trying to index META tags.  I am starting with the DESCRIPTION and
KEYWORDS tags, and will
soon expand to our own META tags which we intend to start using.

I can't get pages that have a search term in the KEYWORDS tag to appear if
that search term appears only
in the META tag. I got these results from both the swish.cgi script and
from the command line.

Here's the relevant portion of my config file:

# Now, specify which meta name to include in the index.
#MetaNames first author swishtitle swishdocpath
MetaNames swishtitle swishdocpath description keywords

# By default, undefined meta names are indexed as plain text
# This feature can change this behaviour.  Here we say
# don't index text in metatags unless defined in MetaNames

#UndefinedMetaTags ignore

I'm also trying to add an option to the search form to select which META
tags to search in.  Here's what I have but
I can't figure out what to do with MetaName => 'site'.  I have no metaname
defined as site.

select_by_meta  => {
     method      => 'checkbox_group',
     columns     => 3,
     metaname    => 'site',     # Can't be a metaname used elsewhere!
     values      => [qw/description keywords/],
     labels  => {
          description    => 'Descriptions',
          keywords     => 'Keywords',
     },
     description => 'Limit search to these META tags: ',
},

Am I doing something wrong?  I've tried specifying the tags as
meta_keywords and keywords (same for description) but neither seems to
work.
Any ideas?