Re: swish.cgi config question

From: Peggy Eaton <peaton(at)not-real.eosdata.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 20:40:31 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Peggy Eaton wrote:
>
> Can you use mod_perl? If so then you can use the same swish.cgi code in
> the server but use a PerlSetVar for different configs.  You just use
> different PerlSetVar directives within each <Location> directive.
> Different URLs look like they are running different scripts, but it's
> really the same code but with different configs.
>
> If you use mod_perl you will have some very fast searches.

Bill, it seems we do have mod_perl now. I'll read the documentation and
try using PerlSetVar.  Thanks

I'm still interested in any thoughts that might account for why the
script default config_file parameter is used even though QUERY_STRING
passes in and assigns the myconfig path to $DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE
(subsequently assigned to config_file).  I tried making it a global
variable but got the same results.

--
Peggy Eaton                   GSFC DAAC: http://daac.gsfc.nasa.gov/
     Web Curator               web-curator@daac.gsfc.nasa.gov

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 902, Greenbelt, MD 20771
     Phone: 1-301-614-5124     Fax: 1-301-614-5268