RE: runs from command line, not from browser

From: Jody Cleveland <Cleveland(at)>
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 20:44:17 GMT

> When you say you can run it form the command line you mean
> you can run it by typing:
>   ./swish.cgi

Thanks, I was doing:
> Make sure you test that way instead of typing "perl swish.cgi".

> And no other errors?  (BTW -- good for you to actually check the log!)

That's what was frustrating, that was the only error.

Well, I did ./swish.cgi and got:
bash: ./swish.cgi: /usr/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter......

Can't believe I didn't check that, but in case anyone wonders, the path for
Redhat 8 is:

So, I changed the path, and it ran find in bash and the browser. If I search
for anything though, it says:
Service currently unavailable
Any ideas?

> Run the script like